Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Beginning

I realize that we've never told the story of how we met. And the reason for that is probably because we don't remember how we met. However, we would be very pleased to tell you what we do remember. I was a freshman in high school and he was a senior. We hung out with the same group of friends. Somehow I always befriended the guys, and he was part of a group of them. He even went to my quinceanera. So we don't know the first time we spoke, but we do know that that same day, we both went on myspace (yeah, that's right) and commented each other on how AWESOME and COOL each other was. We were like "you're so cool!" and then the other was like "you're so much cooler!" and so on. We became super duper good friends, and during lunch, we would stand and talk about awesome things. We liked the same music from what was cool back then to spanish music that we liked. He had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend at the time, so we didn't confess our love (okay, our like) to each other or anything.. but we always spent time together and, as he would say, bullshitted during lunch and after school. One day, after we had both broken it off with our boy/girlfriend, I decided I was going to tell him how I felt. So on a blank CD I added a song which described the way I felt...just one song. It was a spanish song titled Te Quiero by Hombres G. I can't tell you how he felt when he heard it so i'll leave that up to him. The song translates into "I like you," though words always seem to have more meaning in spanish. From then on, we would write each other love letters with nice things (he's always been the poetic type). One day he walked me to my mom's work, and that was the day of our first kiss... it was quick and painless. just kidding... we didn't become boyfriend and girlfriend until that summer, though. I'll save that for next time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment